Here’s some gardening and water efficiency tips from Toronto Water for the summer!
- Disconnect your downspout and use the rainwater to water your grass and gardens
- No extra watering required in spring; the rain is enough
- Sweep sidewalks and driveways clean instead of using a hose
- Start planning your water-efficient, natural garden using native plants and trees
Environment and Water Efficiency
- Dirt on cars can contain toxic chemicals, heavy metals, oil and grease – learn more about how to properly wash your car
- A leaky toilet or tap can cost an extra $600/month – fix leaks to avoid being charged
- It costs only $0.002 to fill a reusable water bottle
- Pool water may contain chemicals. Click here for pool drainage times and advice.
You can find more information here.